ASWNMU PUBLIC MEETING August 25, 2016
I. THE ASWNMU open meeting was held in the Miller Library on the campus of Western New Mexico University on Thursday, August 25, 2016. Dylan Kester, ASWNMU Vice President, called the meeting to order at 8:30 a.m.
II. Opening Ceremonies
III. Roll call: Executive Officers present: President – Claudia Osuna
Vice President Dylan Kester Executive Secretary – Breanna Aker Treasurer – Timothy Stillman
Senate Pro TempAnnely Heinze Senate Floor Leader Gemma Goodland Senate Secretary Linzy Granger
IV. Approval of Agenda: President Osuna moved to approve the Agenda and Approval of the Minutes. Move was seconded by Senator Granger. Amendments were approved with no objections.
V. Approval of Agenda passed with no objections.
VI. Approval of Minutes: Senator Woods moved to approve the minutes. The move was seconded by Senator Granger. Minutes were approved with no objections.
VII. Executive Council Reports:
- President Osuna has been working on districts for senators along with committees. They have
already been assigned. This meeting is being live streamed with Deming, Lordsburg, and Gallup if they connect to the link. We are having a Board of Regents meeting on August 30th and President Osuna will be attending.
- Vice President Kester getting senators ready for semester along with office hours and later today will have a meeting with Mr. Brundage. (Meeting was canceled and they will meet tomorrow at 10:30).
C. Executive Secretary Aker was able to collect everyone’s contact information and is scheduling meetings for President Osuna.
D. Treasure Stillman, passed out a Treasurer’s report. On the first side it shows Summer 2016 expenses allocation of $2000, along spent $1,851.40. Starting balance $78,703 that will bring the balance down to $71,851.60. This is our current balance. Underneath that is the bills that will be passing today. Each district with get $500 and that will add to $5,000. He will have more a detail description on expenses and it will be on the website.
VII. District Reports
Sky Klaus District 1
Linzy Granger District 2, already made contact with district
Gemma Goodland District 3, is meeting with district Friday morning.
Shannon Rich District 4
Annely Heinze District 5, wants to make a effective way for student to talk to representatives. Mariangela Garcia District 6
Ross White District 7, already made contact with district
Shelia Menezes District 8
Brandon Woods District 9, will be emailing district.
VIII. Committee Reports
Timothy Stillman Chair of Clubs committee. There is a new rule, all clubs and organizations need a training to meet matching funds. They need to do that as soon as possible.
Gemma Goodland Chair of Student Research and Professional Development Linzy Granger Chair Of Student Life
Shannon Rich Chair of Gradation Committee
Annely Heinze Activities Committees
Ross White Chair of Community Involvement Brandon Woods Chair of housing and cafeteria Sheila Menezes Chair of mustang Entertainment
IX. Old Business
Ice cream socials were held every Wednesday during Summer 2016. President Osuna is trying to build strong relationships with all the departments. ASWNMU have also got a new TV that is located in the Deli.
X. New Business
1. Senate Bill Number 1 The appointment of Kaitlin Ellis as ASWNMU Senator within the purview of the Associated Students of Western New Mexico University.
2. Senate Bill Number 2 The appointment of Thomas Durham as ASWNMU Chief Justice within the purview of the Associated Students of Western New Mexico University.
- Senate Bill Number 3 The appointment of Harry Wetton as ASWNMU Attorney General within the purview of the Associated Students of Western New Mexico University.
- Senate Bill Number 4 The appointment of AsiaMarie Garcia as ASWNMU Governmental Affairs Director within the purview of the Associated Students of Western New Mexico University.
- Senate Bill Number 5 The appointment of Cynthia Robles as ASWNMU Associate Justice within the purview of the Associated Students of Western New Mexico University.
- Senate Bill Number 6The appointment of Andrew Joy as ASWNMU Associate Justice within the purview of the Associated Students of Western New Mexico University.
- Senate Bill Number 7The following clubs will be rerecognized as an ASWNMU club within the purview of the associated students of Western New Mexico University.
- Senate Bill Number 8Allocation of scholarships for ASWNMU members not to exceed $19,550.00 for the Fall of 2016.
- Senate Bill Number 9 Allocation of funds not to exceed $200.00 for two scholarships given in a raffle during ASWNMU open house.
- Senate Bill Number 10Allocation of funds not to exceed $1,500.00 for shirts, plaques, business cards, name plates, and pictures for ASWNMU Senators.
- Senate Bill Number 11 Allocation of funds not to exceed $297.00 to pay for ASWNMU’s American Student Government Association membership.
- Senate Bill Number 12 The following clubs will be recognized as an ASWNMU club within the purview of the associated students of Western New Mexico University.
- Senate Bill Number 13 Allocation of funds not to exceed $5780.00 to pay for ASWNMU President Claudia Osuna’s salary.
All bills were passed with no objections by the Senators.
(We will have discussions before motions to approve next meeting.)
Adjournment of meeting is called at 9:00 motioned by Senator Heinze, Senator Goodland seconded the motion.