On Saturday, February 8, from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., The Mimbres Region Arts Council hosted their annual Chocolate Fantasia in downtown Silver City. Stores throughout the historic Mainstreet partnered with community chocolatiers to create 400 chocolates for over 20 sites. Tickets sold at $25, and participants were able to try up to 20 different chocolate confections. All proceeds collected from Chocolate Fantasia go to fund youth outreach programs.
Every year is a new theme for Chocolate Fantasia, and this year the theme was Cupid Carnaval. Participants can vote for their favorite chocolate and favorite business decorations.
WNMU participated as a chocolatier for the eighth consecutive year. The WNMU site, at Morning Star, was awarded 2nd place for best decorated.
This year Chocolate Fantasia had 26 stops:
- Mary Baumhover made three different options for participants to try; Nut Clusters, Cherries & Truffles, and Toffee.
- The Brave Ministry Team partnered with the Antique Mall to serve three confections; Moko Jumbie, Milk Caramels. & Caribe Truyers.
Diane’s Bakery and Deli
- Diane won the prestigious title of best chocolate with her Hawaiian sea turtle confections.
- Kris’ Unique Boutique and the Calvary Chapel Academy Home Ec. Gave away their Fudge is in the Air confection.
- Guadalupe Montessori shared her Immunity brewed rose cacao superfood bark and Medicinal Drinking Chocolate; everything is organic, raw, and with no refined sugar.
- Zeyah Pearson presented her Chai White Lotus chocolates.
- The Mint Chip served their Dark Chocolate ice cream topped with white chocolate bark, which contained rose petals, pistachios, and golden hearts.
- Morning Star and WNMU students got together to provide Milk Chocolate with candy and pretzel toppings.
- WNMU students were also giving out free popcorn to those who visit them.
- Jean Springler helped WNMU build up their station with her homemade decorations.
- Morones and Knuttinen had the help of Silver City High Culinary Arts to prepare decadent chocolate caramel truffles.
- Silver City All-Stars Cheer had a variety of cheerful chocolates at their table.
- Jesse Westenberger treated people with a Milk stout chocolate ganache with pistachio yum yums.
- Bre Door had two options for those that visited her; Bourbon Brownies and Triple Chocolate Cookies.
- Mark Johannes made maple walnut truffles.
- Aldo Leopold High Culinary arts served biscochito crust chocolate tart at the Silver City Museum.
The Eiderdown Confections presented the story of the Spanish Galleon with their attempt to recreate the first-ever chocolate beverage.
- Diana Cameron was handing out her Amalgamation Creations.
- Patty McDonnel participated with her chocolate confections.
- The United Country Mimbres Realty had treats for adults with a Jack Daniel’s Fudge.
- Maya Eilert handed out her confection chocolate.
- WNM Communication went hatch style with a green chili chocolate truffle.
Curl Up n Dye
- Curl Up n Dye won 1st place for Best Decorations.
Gila Hike and Bike
Light Art Space
Silver City Copper Quail
Sterling Fine Art